Okay, so we want to look and feel good. Then you’ve got to get rid of that belly fat! It’s one of the first things people notice when looking at you. And it doesn’t help that carrying extra abdominal fat is closely linked to many diseases including type 2 diabetes, heart disease and insulin resistance.
Belly fat is impossible to get rid of without the right diet (get rid of processed carbs for sure) and exercises. There are great exercises that can reduce belly fat and yoga is one of them.
Check out this series of yoga poses that when done every day, can give you the fast results.
Cobra pose (Bhujang asana)
That tough belly pouch can be helped by the cobra pose. Strengthen muscles in the abdomen, back and the entire body while creating a more flexible and strong spine.
Bhujang asana – Cobra pose
– Lie down on your belly with legs stretched.
– Place the palms underneath the shoulder.
– Chin on the floor and all the toes touching the floor.
– Then, on inhalation slowly raise your chest up bending backwards as much as possible.
– This allows your body to look like a cobra ready to strike with the head raised.
– Hold the cobra pose for 15 – 30 secs depending on your ability.
– On exhalation slowly bring your entire body down to the prone position.
– Repeat this for at least 5 times with relaxation for 15 secs after each round.
– Don’t do this pose if you have back injury,ulcer.hernia or if you are pregnant.
On the next page is one of my favorite poses. I feel so good when it’s done.